Spearhead Interactive are looking for two enthusiastic and capable technical marketing interns to join our rapidly growing team. The chosen candidates will be working to assist in positioning Spearhead Interactive as a global provider of cross-sector real-time 3D, augmented and virtual reality software.
Interested? Check out the full job spec below for more details:
Job Description: Technical Marketing Intern (2 positions)
Location: Middlesbrough, England
Duration: Initial 3 month placement, starting 18th May 2015 – potentially permanent
Spearhead Interactive are a multi-award winning real-time 3D, augmented reality and virtual reality software development company; working at the forefront of developments in video games technology to create engaging, interactive and purposeful software solutions for businesses, educators and governments.
We are seeking to fill two newly added Technical Marketing roles within the company as we prepare to expand further in 2015.
The technical marketing interns will work closely together and with Spearhead management in the development and delivery of a solid marketing strategy for the business, across multiple traditional and digital media channels.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to play an integral role in influencing the perceptions of Spearhead Interactive across the world as we move into Japanese and Brazilian markets; and have access to the latest cutting edge VR hardware and software tools to aid their own personal development.
This role is open and well suited to recent University graduates and current UK-based University / College students looking for industry experience.
- Reviewing the company CRM system, ensuring this is complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Utilising the client database and carrying out general administration duties
- Prepare and distribute information from the company
- Updating and exporting the Spearhead software catalogue ready for launch in August 2015 across web. standalone, mobile (Android, iOS, WindowsPhone) and VR platforms
- Managing and maintaining the company website, including:
- Creating text copy and image content
- Embedding Spearhead Interactive software (Unity Web-Player / WebGL / HTML5)
- Editing back-end code to aid user navigation and experience
- Working with localisation partners to integrate foreign language text
- Reviewing and developing the Spearhead Interactive social media strategy across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+
- Design, develop materials and execute marketing campaigns internally and externally across multiple industries and sectors
Successful applicants will be expected to work from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday; on-site at Spearhead Interactive offices in Middlesbrough. Occasional overtime may be required, depending on projects and deadlines.
Successful applicants will have:
- The ability to communicate efficiently and at an extremely high standard – verbally, in print and on the phone
- Detail oriented, self motivated and confident personalities
- Strong organisational and team-working skills
- A passion for current and future technology and creative processes
- The ability to work to deadlines and cope well under pressure
- Self-confidence to pitch ideas to Spearhead Interactive management
- Have knowledge and experience in video game development, or a keen willingness to learn
- A willingness to obtain extensive knowledge of Spearhead Interactive products and services
- Operate at the highest level of professionalism at all times, with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator (highly beneficial)
- Hootsuite (highly beneficial)
- Capsule / Zoho CRM (highly beneficial)
- WordPress (highly beneficial)
- Unity 3D (highly beneficial)
- Unreal Engine (highly beneficial)
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your CV (including two references)
- A short explanation as to why you would be the ideal candidate for the role (no more than one page of A4) 10pt. type, and in either .doc, .docx or .pdf format
Successful applicants will be expected to sign legally binding Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality agreements before starting work.